Friday 22 April 2011

Stage 2 - Print

Stage 2 is the change from dancer to print, these are the 9 very best prints of the 25 I have designed. I have decided to take my time over this collection, due to a bit of a busy life my attention gets taken away from the new collection and this time i want to do a very thought through collection. Im not trying to take anything away from my first collection which I love but the process of making it felt like a very long and stressful process, but for this one I have the luxury of time.
All of these prints come my studies of freestyle dancers in their costumes. This is the same process as before. Im a strong believer in if something aint broke dont fix it and this is how i feel about my process. This way of working means my subject is always changing which in turn allows me to push myself and try new ides. This process of working has stuck with me for the past 2-3 years which must mean im doing something interesting because if i wasn't i would be the first to get bored. The prints have names to make them individual like the dancers i took the shapes from.
These are the print repeat tiles. I have designed some block, half drop and reflect prints. All are in black and white for the moment because i want my colours to exactly what i want. This will be Stage 2.
Hope you enjoy them as much as I have love designing them.
A Change is coming.









2 comments:

  1. Really lovely stu and you can do so many colour variations! I would go mad and print them off and colour them in with colouring pencils and see what you like - but I like colouring in!! They look almost plant like! I could see lovely floaty maxi dresses in these! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the top one could be a great placement on a t shirt! x

    ReplyDelete