Tuesday 26 April 2011

Blast from the shiny past!

Sometimes looking back at what you have done in the past lets you see how you gave grown.
This is a photoshoot from when I was in my second year. The project was to create a mini collection while people went off to do work experience. After having a portfolio talk with my tutors I learned that I was forcing a style of design, work and thinking. I was trying to conform to a desgin style which actually doesnt exsit. I was encouraged to be myself and bring in my passion for dance.

This lead me on to first create a collection of fabrics. I was trying to design garments and my fabrics which I found really difficult beciuse I was having to much fun designing my knit samples. So once I desgined my fabrics i started to come up with some garment ideas. I wanted to show off my knit to the max which is where i came up with my final garment. Due to how long it took to make i only had to make one.

The coat was made of lambs wool and cotton which was felt to create the gathered texture while th leotard had my own print on. Once I had finished i could see that the next stage was to bring more of a structure to my garment to make it more relevant and interesting. Which in turn lead to my final year collection. My next collection will be another step forward from this very first garment, I always want to grow and learn new things about myself.

Looking forward to the next collection even more now.
Hope you have enjoyed reminiscing with me.

Felted lambswool and cotton coat.
Printed Lycra with swarovski embeishment.
Headpiece made by STONED BOUTIQUE kindly borrowed from Siana White
Roxy Sollars - Model











No comments:

Post a Comment